Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are you okay with volatility? Really? You sure?

One of the things that bedevils all investors is volatility. Usually, we are trying to figure out how to take advantage of it. Investors, particularly value investors, are always claiming to not care about it. It's casually dismissed as noise. It usually is. Still, it's hard to call it noise when your portfolio drops 20%.

I hate volatility. I dread it except when I'm long and it's to the upside. I think that there are a lot out people out there who would agree with me. I expect volatility, and try to use it get lower my cost basis. I also use it to get out of positions, losing and winning ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can learn about those fundamental lessons by simply playing video games.
Your best bet is to choose a video card that is just one or two steps down
from the number one card now. You could also do your very own version connected with
makeovers and allow a celebrity a whole different start looking.


Also visit my blog post; kostenlos spielen
my web page :: haduqoynhni.fotopages.com/?entry=6812003

Anonymous said...

Nonetheless, done skillfully over a long period of time, two colluding players can gain an advantage over
the rest of the table. Hochbetten können außergewöhnlich
ein Ort zum Spielen sein. You can join the millions of people
who play online bingo.

Here is my blog :: click through the up coming internet page